Job Title: Education, Attendance, Welfare Officer (Alternative Provision)
Salary Range: £18,000 to £28,000 (Based on experience, school size and cohort), plus travel expenses and valuable Benefits
Vacancy Type: Permanent/Full Time
Join Our Team: Education, Attendance, and Welfare Officer
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people? Do you have a knack for ensuring every student receives the support they need to thrive academically and emotionally? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Progress Schools is part of The Progress Group, the Group is made up of six business units, each of which aspires to innovate, influence, and inspire others through high-quality and purposeful education and training. Progress Schools is a national group of 13 independent OFSTED-regulated schools.
About the role:
We are seeking a dedicated Education, Attendance, and Welfare Officer to join our team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the well-being, attendance, and educational progress of our students. You will work closely with students, families, and staff to create a positive and supportive learning environment where every student feels valued and supported.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- English and Maths level 2 / GCSE grade 4 or higher.
- Desirable: Business Administration relevant qualification.
- Desirable: Safeguarding qualification.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and approachable.
- Effective administrative and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft packages.
- Ability to work with parents/carers in potentially challenging circumstances.
- Efficient management of caseloads and communication in complex referral matters.
- Proactive problem-solving and anticipation of issues.
- Collaborative team player committed to organizational mission.
- Successful partnership working with parents and referring partners.
- Desirable: Ofsted Inspection experience (non-association independent schools framework).
- Knowledgeable about equality of opportunity, safeguarding, child protection, and inclusion issues.
- Swift identification and resolution of issues, ensuring follow-up and closure.
- Clear communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Desirable: Experience in secondary education.
- Ability to relate well to children and share their interests.
Here at Progress Group, we are passionate about developing our staff as well as our students. Throughout your time with us, you will be fully supported with a range of CPD, career progression and in house training, which includes paid qualifications. This goes alongside numerous other benefits such as a pension scheme and parental leave.
Elevate Your Work Experience with Our Outstanding Benefits Package!
At Progress Schools, we believe in recognising and rewarding the exceptional contributions of our team members. Our benefits go beyond the ordinary, ensuring you thrive both personally and professionally. Here’s a glimpse of what we offer:
Recognition Awards: Be celebrated for your hard work! Our values-based Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Recognition Awards honour your dedication and commitment to our shared success.
Convenient Parking Solutions: Enjoy the ease of on-site parking or, if unavailable, we’ve got you covered – parking expenses are on us!
Referral Bonanza: Love where you work? Refer top talent to join our family and receive a fantastic £500 Referral Bonus!
Professional Growth: Invest in your future with our support for professional qualifications, especially for apprentices, and covered paid membership fees.
Financial Security: Rest easy with our Death in Service Insurance, providing four times your salary to your loved ones.
Family-Friendly Policies: Experience peace of mind with our Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave after a required length of service.
Exclusive Discounts: Indulge in the MiRewards benefits platform, offering enticing shopping discounts, fuel cards, and more!
Health and Wellness Support: Take care of yourself with access to Medicash, covering costs for eye tests, optical, dental, prescriptions, and holistic treatments, totaling an impressive £900 annually.
Commute in Style: Join our Cycle to Work Scheme and enjoy a healthier commute while saving on costs.
Supportive Environment: Experience the power of our Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme, not just for you but also for your immediate family.
Group Connection: Stay connected with our annual Group conference and an insightful review of our comprehensive benefits.
We would love to hear from applicants who are passionate about working with young people who need support for their positive change and lead a team of peers with the same mindset.
If you are interested in a role and would like to discuss it further, please contact Dishon – Phone: 07507852787 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re not just offering a job – we’re offering a holistic work experience that values you as an individual. Come be a part of our vibrant and supportive community!
Let’s redefine education together! #JoinOurTeam #EducationRevolution #AlternativeEducation #TeachersWanted
The Progress Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting all children and young people by implementing robust safer recruitment practices. For details of our commitment to safer recruitment please visit The Progress School’s website.
We will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role.