Job Title: Head of School (Alternative Provision)
Salary: Up to £45,000 (Based on experience, school size and cohort) Plus valuable Benefits
Location: New Ferry
Vacancy Type: Permanent/Full Time
- Passionate about making a difference for disengaged young people in your local area? Join us in creating positive change!
- Experience in managing small provisions that make a big impact? Unlock new opportunities and inspire the next generation!
- Ready to take on a leadership role and guide a team of eager practitioners? Lead with enthusiasm and drive success!
Exciting Opportunity for Head of School! ✨
Progress Schools is part of The Progress Group, the Group is made up of six business units, each of which aspires to innovate, influence, and inspire others through high-quality and purposeful education and training. Progress Schools is a national group of 13 independent OFSTED-regulated schools.
At Progress Schools – New Ferry, we support approximately 25 pupils on roll to ensure that we can provide ample opportunities for children who need a nurturing, encouraging and supportive environment. The school consists of a core team of the Head of Provision, three teachers, and two support staff. Further support is also provided by regional and national staff, who work with several schools across our group.
We are looking for passionate and ambitious individuals who can create a safe and encouraging environment for their students to learn and flourish. This role would suit someone who is an experienced leader and is agile and proactive. We would love to hear from applicants who are passionate about working with young people who need support to make a positive change
About the role:
If successfully appointed as Head of Provision, you would be responsible for the day-to-day running of your school. The school is additional premises to our Hamilton Square site and the post holder will work closely with the Head of School there. You would be a figurehead for the altruistic work of the Progress Group and helping pupils to either get back into mainstream schools or progress into a sustained Post 16 pathway. Our sole focus is to help young people secure positive progressions back in mainstream schools or into Further Education or Training.
- To be an active part of the Leadership team.
- To train, mentor and assist teachers and support staff with their pedagogy, teaching, and behaviour management to ensure they meet expected outcomes.
- To manage the Programme of Studies in your school.
- To ensure the school always remains compliant against the Independent School Standards.
- Contribute to a positive ethos for learning.
- Overtly promote the values and achievements of the school to the community.
- To be aware of and follow the company Equality, Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Have and create high expectations of staff and students.
Requirements before applying to the role:
- Experience of line management or leadership (Head of Department, SLT experience, Headteacher etc.)
- A degree in your chosen subject and QTS, QTLS or an overseas equivalent.
- A proven track record of raising attainment.
- A proven track record of compliance against policy, process and standards.
Here at Progress School, we are passionate about developing our staff as well as our students. Throughout your time with us, you will be fully supported with a range of CPD, career progression and in house training, which includes paid qualifications. This goes alongside numerous other benefits such as a pension scheme and parental leave.
Further Benefits Include:
- A values-based Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Recognition Awards for employees.
- On-site parking and where it is not available, parking can be expensed.
- Employee Referral Bonus for referring new talent to join our family.
- Professional qualifications support for apprentices and paid membership to professional bodies (where applicable).
- Professional qualifications paid for personal and professional development
- Death in service insurance of 4 times salary.
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave – After a required length of service.
- MiRewards benefits platform offers shopping discounts, fuel cards and more.
- Access to Medicash, including assistance with the cost of eye tests, optical, dental, prescriptions and holistic treatments, amounting to £900 per year.
- Cycle to Work Scheme for all eligible employees.
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme for employees and immediate Family.
- A ‘family first’ culture with some flexible working to accommodate unexpected family emergencies.
- Group support including annual Group conference and annual review of benefits.
If you want the opportunity to create a positive learning environment for some wonderful pupils and would like to learn more about the role, please contact Dishon – Phone: 07507852787 or email: email@example.com.
We’re not just offering a job – we’re offering a holistic work experience that values you as an individual. Come be a part of our vibrant and supportive community!
Let’s redefine education together! #JoinOurTeam #EducationRevolution #AlternativeEducation #TeachersWanted
The Progress Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting all children and young people by implementing robust safer recruitment practices. For details of our commitment to safer recruitment please visit The Progress School’s website.
We will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role.